Sunday, January 24, 2010

Book Review

My first book to review for Thomas Nelson is How to Reach Your Full Potential for God. I signed up to be a book reviewer a few weeks ago and knew I had selected this book and that it was on its way. I gave a testimony at church one Sunday night about how I have become content with a so-so relationship with God because I knew growing closer to Him would bring attacks from the enemy. I said that I was ready to face whatever it took to have a closer, intimate walk with the Lord. A couple days later my book arrived in the mail. I looked at it and there was a sub-title, Never Settle for Less than His Best. I promise I had not looked at it when I ordered the book, God has such a sense of humor! Here is the review:





I was afraid this was going to be another "health and wealth" book. I do believe that God wants His best for us, however I do not believe that having a great attitude will always keep you from trials. This was not the case. Author Charles Stanley shares his own experiences and gives the reader real tools to reach their potential for God. A lot of it was things I knew but needed to hear again and from a different perspective. It wasn't just a good book to read, it has really changed my outlook on things and made me realize there are changes I need to make in my life. The author reminds us that God has put certain gifts, characteristics, and desires in us that if used right will help us to find our purpose the He has planned for us. When this happens we have reached our full potential for God.

I would encourage anyone seeking direction for their life to read this book. It is a very easy read. It is not in a "workbook" style full of fill-in-the blank questions. Once again, the author shares his testimony and stories of other people's experiences to encourage and guide you in seeking God's will for your life. It is one that I will keep close by and read again I am sure!

No comments: